The kitchen is undoubtedly the heart of the home, whether you are cooking or socialising the kitchen tends to be the place to be, as the song goes “you’ll always find me in the kitchen and parties”. The kitchen needs to be functional, accessible but also stylish and appealing. A good looking kitchen goes a long way which is why, here at Just Doors, we have complied a list of kitchen design trends to look out for in 2017 to ensure you are ahead in the design stakes and that your kitchen is the best it can be.
1. Hidden Appliances – Hidden appliances are a great way to create the look of having more space whilst also making the most of the space you have available. Disguising your appliances in your cabinetry means you can maintain a clean and consistent look throughout your kitchen by being able to disguise appliances such as refrigerators, dish washers and even smaller appliances such as microwaves and coffee makers.
2. Wood Panelling - This traditional look is very much coming back in to fashion and provides a warm and cosy feeling to any kitchen. If you like the thought of wood panelling but would prefer a more modern look then using white wood panelling, known as shiplap, creates a clean and contemporary feel.
3. Smart Appliances – When your busy working away in the kitchen it can be hard to do other things such as answer the phone but now, thanks to smart appliances, you will be able to make and receive calls from a voice activated WiFi screen that is embedded in to your fridge or you can even look up a recipe on Google, the world is at your fingertips (fridge).
4. Faucets with Sensors – This includes lights that turn on once we enter the room and then automatically turn off once they stop detecting movement which is ideal for keeping electricity bills down if you tend to find yourself accidentally leaving lights on. Other items include a meat thermometer that will notify your smart phone once the meat has reached the desired temperature meaning that you can sit back and relax without having to check all the time to see if the meat is fully cooked. In 2017 and in years to come we will see many more of these automation trends enter the home and in a few years time we could be running our homes from our phones.
5. Tuxedo Kitchen Cabinets – Mixing up your kitchen’s colour theme with tuxedo cabinets provides you with a very modern and stylish kitchen, whether you choose to go for the literal interpretation of the tuxedo theme and go for black and white or if you decide to use more contemporary colours such as navy blue and soft grey, check out our range of kitchen doors.
The kitchen is no longer just for cooking, it is a place for entertaining, relaxing, dining and working in meaning it is important that you are comfortable in your surroundings which we are sure you will be if you follow our style tips to ensure you have a forward thinking kitchen design ready for the year ahead.